Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Having fun with flare

I have been asked a couple times how I create this sun flare on photos so I thought I'd share it here.

I took this photo in Arches National Park at around 8:00 a.m. just as the sun was popping over the hills. I had my beloved Nikon set on Aperture Priority and the ISO set to 250. I bumped my f-stop all the way up to 22 and fired away. I often times take several shots of the same thing, varying the settings on my camera along the way.

If there's other things you see on here that you wonder about I'd be happy to share them. I've gained a lot of information and fun tips and tricks from other photographers who do the same and I'm happy to pay it forward!

Hope you enjoyed and leave me a comment if you try this out. I'd love to see the result!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

very cool picture! i have now done it twice and LOVE both times. you have so much knowledge & THANKS for sharing. You ROCK! need i say more?
wendi

Janice said...

I'd love to try it - but for now I have a CHEAPO camera and it just won't do this! Someday............ Love your pic! Thanks for sharing!