Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Happy Accident

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I love it when things like this happen. However, the moment I was "taking" this picture I was not lovin' it! You see, the Dad of this sweet family (more to come on them and their WHOLE BIGGER family!) is a podiatrist and they thought this sign suited them well....it says "foot traffic only". We were going to take this adorable picture of their feet and the sign. However when I was changing the settings on my camera, my camera froze, I froze (panicked), I even asked Wendi to run to the car to get my other camera (and wouldn't you know, by the time she was back it was working).  But somewhere in the "messing around with my camera" process came this picture. I almost deleted it but something caught my eye, I liked something in this photo. It was their long shadows, the casualness of their interactions together and in the middle of it all, their feet. Sometimes you just have to hang onto to those that almost get sent immediately to the "trash" because they just might become a treasure.

2 comments:

our sweet life said...

becky~i LOVE this! it'll definitely go up in the office. and this is EXACTLY why we wanted YOU to do our pictures...you're the BEST!! can't wait to see the rest!

AngMomof3 said...

Love it! So great to accidentally catch great shots. And I'm glad I am not the only one who hates to delete photos "just in case"... :)