Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friday Finds (Saturday Morning Edition)

This weeks Friday Finds is a photo tip on lighting. Both photos in this post are SOOC (straight out of camera) to really show the difference between the two and where the light is in relationship to your subject can really make a difference. These photos were taken while we are on a little weekend excusion to wrap up our summer fun.
This first photo was taken from my seat at the kitchen table. I thought it would be fun to capture a shot of what my girls have been busy doing all weekend, Friendship Bracelets. (with a little shot of the feet up on the coffee table since they're all kicked back watching t.v., too) However, this photo is a little dark, lacks some defining details.

For this shot, I moved so I was between the sliding glass door and my subject and used the natural light to my advantage.  The depth of field is better, the focus area is better and the details in her bracelet and even her fingers is better. Just a slight change in your position can really improve your photo. 


Happy Weekend!  Get out and enjoy the sunshine.  Summer is quickly coming to a close.

No comments: