Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Time for a new project

Do you ever feel like you need a little something new on your walls?  This was a quick and inexpensive little pick-me-up that my walls needed.  I used 5 (8x10) canvas'.  They are the thin ones that I picked them up at Michael's.  I painted them black and added my photos using Mod Podge.  That's the quick and easy part.  Now to the optional part.  You can add individual photos on each canvas or you can try what I did.  Here's my original photo (posted above).  I opened it in Photoshop and cropped it into a 40"x8" photo and then cut it into 5 equal 8"x10" photos, sent the images over to Costco so I could pick them up right away and get my project finished.Here's the fun part for YOU!  You can either do this yourself  if you like it and then post a link so we can all enjoy your creation OR if you don't have Photoshop or not sure how to use it I'm offering to do some cropping for you.  If you may be interested in option #2 I'll be back with more details soon!

And there's a whole new group of Photoshop Element pros out there! :) I finished another class last night and wanted to say "hi" to any of you stopping by!  

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That's funny that you posted this, because after I saw this at your house, I decided that I HAD to do it! What a great idea- thank for the directions! I can't wait to take a cute picture to use for it.

Amy said...

Hey bec- I think I want for me! I will get back with you to discuss! Awesome!!

Janice said...

That is adorable - where was the picture taken? I'd love to try something like that I'm working on the PSE thing - I'm a slow learner :-)